Sunday 20 December 2015

Birthday Bouquet





This afternoon I've been playing with the new Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper (DSP), available to buy January 5th 2016.  I love the gorgeous floral designs & sweet subtle colours, such as Blushing Bride, Pool Party mixed with In Colours; Mint Macaron & Watermelon Wonder.

I started with a piece of the Blushing Bride DSP stripey paper, with floral on the reverse. I trimmed to 6x4" (with 12x12 paper I find it easier to cut out as much as I can and then trim to size later). I chose a flower from the reverse and cut it, and a couple of smaller flowers and leaves out. I find fiddly cutting quite therapeutic, and did it sat on the sofa listening to the TV.  

I used the Happy Day stamp from the Perfect Pairings stamp set I received free from the Sale-A-Bration catalogue (also available January 5th).  I stamped in Blushing Bride and cut using scissors to the shape of a large banner. I started to lay everything out (before sticking down) so I knew what it would look like.  I then cut a piece of Blushing Bride cardstock in half (portrait) and scored down the middle. I stuck the sentiment down with a small piece of the new Pool Party Glitter ribbon, then positioned my flower using dimensionals for that 3D effect. I used glue to add the smaller flowers and leaves that I had cut out, and finished the card off with a few spots of glitter and gold twine.
I had a strip of DSP left, so I decided to make a matching gift box too.  I adore the tiny treat boxes, and had some left after my Christmas makes.  I used the Perfect Pairings stamp set again for the Happy Birthday sentiment, offcuts of DSP, glitter ribbon and gold twine.

Watch out for my new blog site, coming in the New Year, with more details of Sale-A-Bration and the new Spring/Summer catalogue.  Until then you can find the other products used via my online shop.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment